HITLAB® Announces 2016 HITLAB World Cup® Digital Health Start-up Finalists
- Five Contenders to Present Health Tech Solutions at HITLAB Innovators Summit® -
HITLAB World Cup: Challenging innovators worldwide to improve healthcare access, delivery and outcomes through technology.
Patients across the globe struggle to access quality healthcare, even as providers strive to improve delivery. To address these challenges, HITLAB launched the HITLAB World Cup. Innovators and entrepreneurs are invited to submit original ideas to improve healthcare access, delivery, and outcomes through technology. The international competition offers participants a high-profile stage to showcase their work, with $12,000 in prize money for winning solutions, as well as networking opportunities with thought leaders.
Finalists will present their ideas at the 2016 HITLAB Innovators Summit: New York on November 30, 2016 in New York City. The Summit will also feature talks and collaboration opportunities. www.hitlabsummit.com.
Please see the official challenge rules for more details.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Each submission must have a maximum of three team members and should include:
- An idea for technologies at any stage of development;
- A business plan;
- A functioning prototype or a proof-of-concept is preferred (functioning prototypes are likely to receive higher scores for Feasibility than ideas for which no prototype or other proof of concept exists)
Overview of Challenge Dates
- October 17, 2016: Challenge goes live and Submission period begins (Submission period October 17, 2016 – November 7, 2016)
- November 11, 2016: Deadline for all Submissions
- November 14, 2016: Finalists Announced
- November 30, 2016: Finals in New York City at HITLAB Summit
- November 30, 2016: Prize Winners Announced
Judges will analyze and score entries based on a common set of criteria focused on:
|Winning entries will demonstrate an ability to effectively solve an unmet healthcare need.||Proposals must delineate how the solution differs from current practices or services and technology available in the healthcare or consumer markets.||Submissions must provide evidence that the solution can be delivered to the marketplace in a sustainable business model.||Entrants should demonstrate that the concept is feasible and show that they have the background and skills necessary to execute their business plan.|
- Grand Prize: Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000 USD)
- Second Prize: Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000 USD)
- Third Prize: Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000 USD)
- Fourth and Fifth Prizes: One Thousand Dollars ($1,000 USD)
- All five (5) finalists will receive one (1) ticket to attend the 2016 HITLAB Innovators Summit: New York, November 29 - December 1, 2016 (valued up to $2,999 USD)
- Benefits include:
- High-profile stage to diffuse your work
- Feedback from top executives, academics, and experts in healthcare
- Networking opportunities with digital health thought leaders
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org