Dr. Prashant Jha
Fellowship Director, School of International Biodesign, AIIMS
Prashant graduated in Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) from Patna Medical College and later pursued Family Medicine for his Post-Graduation from Royal College of General Practitioners (London). Along with a clinical career in Internal Medicine he took up research in Bioengineering at IIT, Kanpur and for his MS worked on a collaborative project between IITK, CDRI Lucknow, Tata Memorial Hospital and International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC) to develop a bioengineered construct for personalized cancer chemotherapy.
Some of the medical devices he has innovated over the last few years are:
- BRUN: A Feto-Maternal wellness monitor for resource constrained settings
- d.Rx: Prescriptions: Redesigned. Safety and Efficacy to prescriptions
- Neurokeeper: A device to detect Stroke during sleep in at-risk patients at home
- d.Steth: A redesigned stethoscope with SoC
- Lev8: A device to help women manage Stress Urinary Incontinence
Prashant has authored a series of medical handbooks for Undergraduate & Postgraduate medical students and has mentored students from various IITs, IIMs & Tata Memorial Hospital ACTREC. He has worked with Apollo Hospitals Group where he trained physicians in the areas of Emergency medicine, Intensive care, Diabetology & Family Medicine.
He finds solace in working with Ramakrishna mission, Rotary International and other charitable organizations in their Community Health camp.