With Mentorship Support from
2017 HITLAB World Cup: India
sponsored by HealthQuad, with mentorship support from Quadria Capital
challenging innovators to improve healthcare access, delivery, and outcomes through technology
Patients across the globe struggle to access quality healthcare, even as providers strive to improve delivery. To address these challenges, HITLAB® launched the HITLAB World Cup: India, sponsored this year by Healthquad, with mentorship support from Quadria Capital.
Innovators are invited to submit original ideas to improve healthcare access, delivery, and outcomes through technology. The competition offers participants a high-profile stage to showcase their work, with up to USD 150,000 (INR 1 crore) in funding for winning solutions, as well as networking opportunities with thought leaders.
Finalists will present their ideas at the 2017 HITLAB Innovators Summit: India on February 17 at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. The Summit will also feature talks and collaboration opportunities.
HOW IT WORKS
Up to 10 finalists will be selected from the Submissions to meet with investors.
Top 5 entries will be announced on Day 1 of the 2017 HITLAB Innovators Summit: India on 16th February.
These finalists will compete in the 2017 HITLAB World Cup: India on Day 2 of the Summit on 17th February at IIT Delhi.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Focus Areas include digital healthcare, medtech, diagnostic services, medical devices, technology, hospitals, wellness, disease management, innovative distribution & business models that improve accessibility and/or affordability.
- Startups should have minimum of a prototype or proof-of-concept or pilot scale process.
- They must also have a business plan or model.
OVERVIEW OF CHALLENGE DATES
- January 9th, 2017: World Cup applications go live
- February 3rd, 2017: Applications close
- February 6th , 2017: Announcement of top 10
- February 13th, 14th, and 15th, 2017: Shortlisted companies to meet Investors
- February 16th, 2017: Announcement of top 5 on Day 1 of the 2017 HITLAB Innovators Summit: India
- February 17th, 2017: Final presentations: World Cup on Day 2 of the 2017 HITLAB Innovators Summit: India, followed by announcement of winners.
*All deadlines are at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the respective days.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Judges will analyze and score entries based on a common set of criteria focused on:
|Winning entries will demonstrate an ability to effectively solve an unmet healthcare need.||Proposals must delineate how the solution differs from current practices or services and technology available in the healthcare or consumer markets.||Submissions must provide evidence that the solution can be delivered to the marketplace in a sustainable business model.||Entrants should demonstrate that the concept is feasible and show that they have the background and skills necessary to execute their business plan.|